Over the past several months, many new readers have joined me here. I am excited about that, and I have enjoyed getting to know you some through your comments and through visiting your blogs. I have done a list of not-as-well-known facts about me before, but it’s been a while. For those of you who haven’t gotten to know the quirks that make up my unique personality, I thought I would make you a list.
- I have considered myself a writer since I was in the first grade. Seriously. I haven’t always been willing to admit that, but I have written (and wanted others to read what I’ve written) since I was six years old.
- I prefer to type, but if I have to write longhand, it’s got to be blue ink. I have preferred blue ink since I was in school, but in college I let some professors convince me that black was more professional. I used black for years, and then I realized that I was typing much more than I was writing, and no one I wrote things for cared what color ink I use. I switched back to blue and haven’t looked back.
- I love to read. I mean, I really love to read. I have a ridiculous list of things I’m reading, and I can lose myself in a book for hours on end. I regularly read while I’m washing my face and brushing my teeth to prepare for bedtime. I’ve always got to finish one more chapter!
- I’m an eBook convert. I was firmly convinced that I would never read eBooks. I wanted to stay with print. Then I was given a Kindle. Now, I read both, but I lean heavily toward eBooks because they’re so portable. (I felt the same way about my calendar. Now I’m 90% digital with my scheduling.)
- I have two cats. They will be sixteen years old this year, and I’m going to miss them when they’re gone. Jazmine is a recluse who will only socialize with me. My husband can go for days without seeing her. Lilly is the social butterfly and has been my reading buddy all that time. I’ve had my cats longer than I’ve known my husband!
- I’m not a morning person. I often joke that God finds it amusing that I’m the only night owl in a family of early birds. I’m not proud of it, but I’m often the last one out of bed at my house. (I love that my husband lets me sleep in a little!) I’m trying to make myself go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier and get some things done (read: Bible study and writing) before the kids wake up.
- I’ve read the NIV1984 for over 20 years. I enjoy reading and studying from other translations, and I have tried to make a “permanent” switch, but I always go back to NIV1984.
- The girls and I eat lunch with my grandmother (the girls’ great-grandmother!) every week. We make time in our homeschool schedule to do things like this. I believe that family is important, and we learn things from her and her wisdom that are better than anything I can teach them from a book. We usually spend about an hour and a half with her, and we just mark it in the lesson plans as lunch and recess.
- I’m an Avon Independent Sales Representative. In addition to writing and publishing posts for various blogs online (that online writing credits page is coming soon!), the girls and I run a home business selling and delivering Avon products. It has been fun for us and is finally starting to make some money! (If we can help you out, visit my online store.)
- I struggle with the convention scene. I have been to two conferences in the past couple of years. Both were blogging-related. One was also for homeschool parents. I love the anticipation, the social media buzz, and the excitement of getting ready for a conference. I enjoy the conferences—meeting the people in person that I’ve developed relationships with online, hearing wonderful speakers, learning things that will improve my writing—and am sad to see them end. The struggle comes with how surreal they feel because they’re over so quickly after all the build up! It’s almost hard for me to realize that I was really there.
I’m linking up this week with iHomeschool Network’s 10 in 10 Blog Hop and Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings. Join the fun by hopping over to Many Little Blessings to read the posts or link up with a Top Ten list of your own!