I see a lot of positive changes in myself because of my experiences as the parent of a child with special needs. Here’s my current “top ten” list:
1. I’m a more patient person.
2. I’m more compassionate.
3. I’m less judgmental.
4. I’m more assertive.
5. My research skills have improved.
6. I’m more creative / innovative.
7. My faith is stronger.
8. I’m more aware that I’m fully dependent on God.
9. I’m more willing to offer help, support, and encouragement to others.
10. I’m less selfish.
Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (NIV1984)
My personal and spiritual growth are some of the “good” I see coming out of a challenging situation. What are some of the good things you see coming out of your storms?