*This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.
Answers May Look Different Than You Imagined
A little over three years ago, I asked God how I could bring in some income to help my family. In my spirit, the response was clear, “You can write.” I balked at that, thinking how slow the process of writing, submitting, and publishing was going for me. Then God reminded me about the blog my brother had set up for me a few years before. I had largely ignored it.
Out of obedience, I began blogging. I learned and grew in my knowledge of blogging, but I didn’t see how that had anything to do with making money for my family. Then I got opportunities to review products. While it didn’t put money in our bank account, it did save us money on things we needed for our homeschool.
After blogging for two years and praying about it with my husband for a solid year, I decided to monetize my blog.
When God led me to start blogging for extra income, did He lead me astray? No. I have begun making money through blogging, and I’ve saved a lot of cash through doing product reviews for items my family and I love but would have struggled to buy. And God has opened doors for me and given me opportunities beyond my wildest imaginings!
Since I began blogging in response to God’s call, I have:
- Attended the first-ever Arkansas Women Bloggers Unplugged Conference
- Led a special needs meet-up at the first-ever 2:1 Conference
- Spoken in two sessions for Teach Them Diligently Convention
- Made new friends because of blogging—both online and offline
- Contributed chapters to iBlog (which also contains more of my blogging “testimony” in the chapter on blogging as a ministry)
- Become a regular contributor to some amazing sites
- Developed working relationships with companies and brands
- Started doing social media management for businesses
- Spoken in two sessions for the Exceptional Children Expo
This year I will also:
- Work at the Little Rock Teach Them Diligently Marketplace
- Attend the 3rd annual Arkansas Women Bloggers Unplugged Conference
- Complete my first solo ebook (I cringe as I type that. I’m struggling with this project.)
- Participate in some big projects that are currently top-secret (I’ll let you know when I can share.)
I’m sure there are some things I’ve left out, but you get the idea. All of this has come about because I obeyed God’s call to write. God has continued to provide for my family’s needs, and He has given me other ways to bring in money to help support our family.
When you pray, God answers. Be sure to keep your eyes and heart open to what God does. Sometimes the answers look different than you imagined.
How have answers to your prayers turned out differently than you imagined?
For more from the Be Fully Persuaded series, click the graphic below:
I’m proud to promote and attend the Teach Them Diligently Marketplace: