Note: I received a free copy of Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper from Shelton Interactive in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. I only recommend products that my family and I really enjoy. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting this site.
Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper by Burton W. Cole
After reading Bash and the Pirate Pig, the girls and I were excited to start Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper by Burton W. Cole. We weren’t disappointed. I started by reading the first two chapters to them, and they were laughing so hard they could barely hear me!
In Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper, Ray is still learning about how to walk in the Spirit from his cousin Bash. He gets stranded at his cousin’s farm in a blizzard, and Bash decides that this is the perfect opportunity for them to exhibit all the fruit of the Spirit. He concocts some supposedly brilliant ideas for helping them to “achieve” all the fruit of the Spirit before the plows can break through and Ray’s family arrives.
Unfortunately for Ray (and fortunately for the reader), the results of Bash’s plans almost always result in hilarity and some awkward issues for Ray. But in the middle of the silliness, Ray and Bash do learn a thing or two about how the Spirit produces fruit in our lives, and they assist an unfortunate family grieving the loss of their husband and father and a homeless man along the way.
While Bash made us laugh regularly, there were also some tender moments as characters began to learn about how God works in the middle of our mess, how to extend grace in difficult situations, and how God can use even mixed-up kids to share Jesus with others. I admit that I got teary during those moments, but not so much that we couldn’t read another chapter or three.
When we finished the last page, my eleven-year-old said, “That was awesome!” And it really was.
How to Get Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper
If you would like to get your own copy of Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper, you can purchase one for yourself—or enter this giveaway!
Update: Congratulations to Sherry B. for winning the copy of Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper!
Shelton Interactive is allowing me to give away ONE copy of Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper. Here’s the scoop:
- The giveaway is open to US residents ages 18 and older.
- The giveaway ends on Friday, July 11, 2014, at 9:00 pm CDT.
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering the question below.
- Only one comment per household.
- Duplicate or “extra” comments or comments left after the giveaway ends will be deleted.
- The winner will be chosen at random using the plug-in “And the Winner Is.”
- The winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway and will have 24 hours to respond with the requested information. If the information isn’t received, another winner will be chosen. The information will be sent to Shelton Interactive so your book can be shipped.
Ready to enter? Leave a comment answering the following question:
What do you think your family would love most about Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper?