When I heard about Grapevine Studies, I was intrigued. Actually, it was the slogan that got me: “Stick Figuring Through the Bible.” We do family devotions daily, and I’m always looking for a Bible study or devotional that will keep the kids’ attention and keep them engaged as we read and study together. Since I have a budding artist and another that enjoys doodling, I thought this might be just the thing. I have always loved the book of Esther, so I decided to start there.
Grapevine Studies: Esther
I downloaded the Multi-Level eBooks and was concerned that there would be a lot of preparation involved. I needn’t have worried. Dianna has thought of everything. All I needed to do was set up our white board, get some markers and an eraser, print out the student sheets, and I was ready to go!
I followed the Teacher’s eBook instructions, copied her easy stick figuring drawings, and we started the Timeline of the book of Esther.
As we started the Lessons, I realized that my drawing wasn’t as bad as I feared. (Thank goodness it’s just stick figures!)
My husband even took a turn one night.
The Benefits of Grapevine Studies: Esther
- It’s easy to use for parents and kids.
- There’s very little preparation required, which is great for busy families!
- It can be used with children of various ages. Each child can work at his/her level.
- The step-by-step process of going through the book, with regular repetition, really helps children become familiar with the events described in the book.
- The memory verses are carefully chosen to reinforce the important events in the book.
- The questions at the end of each lesson do a good job of drawing out the important points of the chapter, including what you learn about God from the Scripture.
- It doesn’t take a lot of time to do the lessons if you follow the schedule in the Teacher’s Book.
Why I Love Grapevine Studies: Esther
I love Grapevine Studies for my family. The benefits listed above are obvious reasons why, but there’s more.
- My kids stay engaged with the lessons.
- My children ask to do the lesson each day and have been disappointed on the nights we haven’t done one.
- We learn as a family—and we laugh a lot as we check out each other’s drawings.
- The girls are excited about Bible study again!
Where to Get Grapevine Studies: Esther
If you’re interested in studying Esther with your family or would like to check out some of the other Grapevine Studies titles, visit GrapevineStudies.com. The coupon code 12BlogSun will get you 20% off your entire order until August 31, 2012!
Win a FREE copy of Grapevine Studies: Esther – Teacher and Student eBooks!
You can also enter to win ONE copy of the Teacher and Student eBooks for the Esther study right here! Grapevine Studies will send you the links after the giveaway ends and your contact information is confirmed. Please read the full terms and conditions in the Giveaway Tools widget below.