In my life this week…
I took Princess Roo to the endocrinologist this week. We got good news! Princess has grown enough in the past six months that we don’t have to do the growth hormone testing that was mentioned in April. Instead, Dr. T drew labs to check two different indicators of her growth hormone function and is also checking her Vitamin D level to make sure she’s not deficient.
We also found out that Princess Roo mounted a good immune response to the booster shots she got in July, so she got her flu shot and will continue her prophylactic antibiotic. Her overall IgG level is still below normal range, so we’ll have to take one day at a time and see how she does this fall and winter. (Because her immune function is still in question, the rest of us got flu shots this week too.)
In our homeschool this week…
The school districts in our area were out for Columbus Day, but we decided to go ahead and have school that day since we were going to take a day later in the week for the specialist appointment. We took some time to review what we learned about Christopher Columbus last year and read a book about him on Monday.
With the out-of-town specialist visit, the week was exhausting, but we managed to get our lessons in this week and made it to Princess Roo’s therapy appointments too.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
When you’re overwhelmed, ask trusted friends to pray for you. I did that on Thursday when I was exhausted and ready to burst into tears. I know they prayed. The exhaustion didn’t go away, but I was able to function without crying and enjoy the day. I also felt less stressed.
I am inspired by…
People who go to bed early and get up early every day. I want to do that too! It’s a goal of mine.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We went to Kids’ Day at Lifeway today for the release of the new VeggieTales’ DVD The League of Incredible Vegetables. The girls got to color and watch part of the DVD in the store. On the parking lot, they visited with a police officer and some firefighters. They even got to “drive” a fire truck and police cruiser. It was a nice outing.
My favorite thing this week was…
It’s a tie between date night with my husband last night and spending time as a family today.
Questions/thoughts I have…
Is it summer…or fall? The weather here can’t seem to make up its mind. We’re having some allergy/sinus issues as a result.
Things I’m working on…
Honestly, this month is about survival. We have two more specialist appointments to go to this month. I didn’t do much online this week. Here are some things that happened here that you don’t want to miss:
- A review and giveaway of Simplified Dinners.
- An amazing guest post for Be Fully Persuaded by Joesette Huffman – A New Heart for Thomas.
I do have some fun things in the works for late in the month—and a lot coming up in November and December. If you haven’t subscribed to my blog yet, use the box at the bottom of this post and subscribe now so you won’t miss anything!
Ongoing reading/study projects:
- The Battlefield of the Mind Devotional by Joyce Meyer (Almost finished!)
- The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Answers to Prayer from George Müller’s Narratives by George Müller and A. E. C. Brooks (Almost finished!)
- In the Shadow of Evil by Robin Caroll
- Deliver Us From Evil by Robin Caroll
Quick and easy dinners from Simplified Dinners. (You can get a copy too!) I don’t have time to reinvent the wheel this month.
I’m grateful for…
Safe travel to and from the appointment this week. Good news from two different specialists. A husband who appreciates everything I do to take care of all of this.
I’m praying for…
Our country, our nation’s leaders, and the upcoming election.
video, link, or quote to share…
- The girls at Lifeway before the endocrinology appointment.
- BookGirl “drives” a fire truck at Kids’ Day at Lifeway (our local store).
- Princess Roo sees that princesses can drive fire trucks too!
- The girls and I before the endocrinology appointment.
- BookGirl feels a little apprehensive about getting her flu shot.
- Princess Roo completes her homeschool lessons in style.
Be sure to visit these link-ups for more weekly wrap-up posts:
- iHomeschool Network’s Homeschool Mother’s Journal
- Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Collage Friday – Adventures in the West at Homegrown Learners