When Life Keeps Happening
There are times that life is just tough, and it keeps happening despite your efforts to keep it at bay. The past two weeks have been like that here. We have dealt with:
- Major plumbing issues that required a plumber to work at our house for seven days. (That’s a long time for a plumber to come to your house, and we get along well with ours! Although we were all tired by the end of the project, he did an awesome job. )
- Both vehicles are indicating that they need some attention. (Read: repairs.)
- A massive ear infection and granulation tissue around the tube in my right ear.
- An infection in Princess Roo’s toe, which caused us to have to start her back on antibiotics.
- Concerns about how the government shutdown would affect paperwork being processed for Princess Roo’s Katie Beckett waiver renewal.
- Homeschooling was seriously interrupted by the magnitude of the plumbing project, although we kept going every day.
- Discouragement, as all these things piled on, and we can’t yet see how God is going to resolve all the financial and health situations.
Even in the midst of all this, I see God’s hand at work.
- The plumbing company we work with is amazing, and their plumbers are the best in our area.
- I have a good ENT, and I was able to get the medications I need to try to resolve the ear issue over the next two weeks.
- Princess Roo has the antibiotics she needs, and she has good doctors keeping a close eye on her.
- The vehicles’ issues don’t seem to be critical, so we continue to pray about those and trust God to show us how to handle those.
- The girls learned a lot about how a house is plumbed, and we already had field trips scheduled that got us away from the construction to have some educational activities and fun! (And we got reading, math, and language arts done too.)
- We had some amazing science lessons as we noticed plants and critters in our yard that we wouldn’t have had the plumber not been there, digging it all up.
- God sends encouragement, as we see small progress in each situation, reminding us that He is in control and will work everything out.
- A special reminder that He is in control, when He gave me the desire of my heart as a Christmas gift for one of the girls.
My life’s not perfect. In fact, it can be really hard sometimes. Unfortunately, almost everyone I know is experiencing tough times. The situations may be different, but the severity of the problems is not.
I see God answering prayers in our situation, even though they may not be the answers I was looking for. I also see Him moving in others’ situations as we come together and pray.
If you have a prayer request, please leave it in the comments or send an email to jennifer (at) jenniferajanes (dot) com. I consider prayer a privilege and would love to stand with you as you wait to see God’s hand move in your situation.
For more from the Be Fully Persuaded series, including testimonies of God’s love and faithfulness to my family in times past, click the graphic below:
I’m looking forward to attending a 2014 Teach Them Diligently Convention! Find a location near you and save the date!
Subscribers get a free copy of 31 Days of Encouragement for the Homeschool Mom by the Teach Them Diligently Bloggers (including me). If you haven’t subscribed yet, do it now!