*Note: I bought two combo packs of Reading Focus Cards from Brennan Innovators at the Greater St. Louis Area Home Educators Expo in March. I am sharing here because my family has used them, and I feel like it might benefit you. The giveaway product was supplied by Brennan Innovators at my request.
Reading Focus Cards
In the years I’ve been working with my younger daughter, I have spent a lot of time and money on colored transparencies to use as reading filters and special bookmarks for helping her keep her place, and I have spent hours cutting up index cards to create windows just the right size for her to use with various books and resources we’re using in our homeschool. All of them served their purpose, but I was frustrated because I needed a combination of them. And, to be honest, my index cards didn’t hold up very well.
Then I met Joan Brennan of Brennan Innovators when I went to speak at the Greater St. Louis Area Home Educators Expo. She kept telling me that she wanted me to come and visit her booth because she had read my blog and knew my daughter struggles with reading. I agreed to stop by—and I’m really glad I did!
After seeing the cards put together and Joan’s demonstration at the booth, I knew that the Reading Focus Cards were exactly what we needed to bring together all the bits and pieces I’d been struggling with! I took advantage of the convention pricing and bought two combo packs on the spot.
When I got home, my daughter and I sat down and determined that the yellow made the text the most clear to her (and, to my surprise, to me too!). We put the short card together and began using it every day for her reading practice. (The other one somehow found its way to my Bible, and it’s still there. 😉 )
The Reading Focus Cards have been great for us. They help my daughter keep her place more easily, offer contrast (with the yellow strip) with the type that makes it easier for her to focus on and read the words, and boost her confidence as she gains some momentum in her reading!
These have been our experiences, but yours may vary a bit. See the study results for the Reading Focus Cards here.
We will continue to use Reading Focus Cards in our homeschool (and in my personal Bible reading too *ahem*), and I’m very excited that one of you will get to try Reading Focus Cards too!
Giveaway of a Combo Pack of Reading Focus Cards!
Brennan Innovators has agreed to offer ONE of you a combo pack like the ones I bought in St. Louis. The pack contains one long card and one short card in assorted colors. No-glare clear, blue, and yellow strips are included for each size card.
Update: Congratulations to Jennifer L., the winner of the giveaway!
- The giveaway is open to US residents ages 18 and older.
- The giveaway ends on Friday, July 18, 2014, at 9:00 pm CDT.
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering the question below.
- Only one comment per household.
- Duplicate or “extra” comments or comments left after the giveaway ends will be deleted.
- The winner will be chosen at random using the plug-in “And the Winner Is.”
- The winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway and will have 24 hours to respond with the requested information. If the information isn’t received within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen. The information will be sent to Brennan Innovators, LLC so your Reading Focus Cards can be shipped.
Ready to enter? Leave a comment answering the following question:
Why do you think your family would benefit from Reading Focus Cards?