Disclosure: I received a copy of The Hardest Peace from FlyBy Promotions in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. I was not required to write a positive review.
The Hardest Peace by Kara Tippetts
When I agreed to read The Hardest Peace and share my thoughts, I didn’t know anything about Kara Tippetts. What I did know is that my family is going through a difficult time, and I longed to move past “fear and control and toward peace and grace,” as stated on the back cover of the book. I figured if Kara could find peace in the midst of mothering four children and living with stage IV cancer, that she might have a thing or two to teach me.
And she does. In The Hardest Peace, Kara doesn’t offer pat answers. She doesn’t act like devastating situations are a piece of cake. She admits that life is incredibly hard and shares how she has made peace with her situation by accepting that she is not the author of her story. She reminds us that God is in control of everything, including our pain and suffering.
What touched me the most was Kara’s joy and peace in the midst of a terrible situation. I was encouraged to seek God in the midst of my hard and to turn my story over to Him, remembering that He is the author of my story. Letting go of control and fighting through fear is hard, but if Kara can do it, so can I.
The Hardest Peace Giveaway
FlyBy Promotions has agreed to give away a copy of The Hardest Peace by Kara Tippetts!
Congratulations to Lori V., winner of the copy of The Hardest Peace!
Here’s the scoop:
- The giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. or Canada ages 18 and older.
- The giveaway ends on Tuesday, October 21, 2014, at 9:00 pm CDT.
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering the question below.
- Only one comment per household.
- Duplicate or “extra” comments or comments left after the giveaway ends will be deleted.
- The winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway and will have 24 hours to respond with the requested information. If the information isn’t received, another winner will be chosen. The information will be sent to FlyBy Promotions so your book can be shipped.
Additional information from FlyBy Promotions:
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
Ready to enter? Leave a comment answering the following question:
Why do you want to read The Hardest Peace?