The subtitle “A Gift with the Power to Change Christmas” was what caught my eye when I saw the cover of The Sparkle Box by Jill Hardie. My husband and I work hard every holiday season to keep CHRIST in Christmas by helping our children pack Operation Christmas Child shoe box gifts and finding things we can do in our own community and neighborhood to make someone else’s Christmas better and let them know how much God loves them.
When I started reading The Sparkle Box to my children, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I folded the included sparkle box (which has much more sparkle to it than it seems in my photograph) and set it beside us as we read.
I soon became engrossed in the story of Sam and his parents as they went about their holiday activities. Like Sam, I wanted to know what was in the sparkle box on their mantel! I won’t spoil it for you, but I will tell you some things you must know about The Sparkle Box:
- It is a book that the whole family will enjoy.
- Reading it and preparing the gift(s) for the sparkle box would make a wonderful Christmas tradition.
- Warning: I got choked up during several parts of the book and almost couldn’t finish reading it to my girls, but I’m just sappy like that. I’m sure you won’t have that problem.
- The illustrations are beautiful.
- As my younger daughter pointed out, the box included with the book is sparkly, but you will need to add your own bow. 😉
I am excited to have this book as part of our Christmas library. We will read it again and again as we strive to keep our focus each holiday season.
You can win your own copy of The Sparkle Box! FlyBy Promotions is giving away ONE copy of the book to one of my readers! Enter using the Giveaway Tools widget below, and be sure to read the terms and conditions in the widget before entering. This giveaway is open to U.S. and international addresses. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by any social media site including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.