*Note: I received a free copy of Wherever the River Runs from Propeller Consulting, LLC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Wherever the River Runs by Kelly Minter
When I read the subtitle of Kelly Minter’s Wherever the River Runs—how a forgotten people renewed my hope in the gospel—I didn’t realize how much those people and the people who ministered to them would change my life too.
Wherever the River Runs is Kelly Minter’s tale of how she became involved in a ministry to the people of the Amazon and how, rather than doing the ministry she went for, she became the one who was ministered to.
Kelly describes how she was changed by the people’s faith in God and His goodness despite their impoverished and tragic circumstances. She shares how she was inspired to draw closer to God rather than struggling with the Why? behind what she saw in the Amazon and how she grew in her faith as she witnessed the indomitable faith of the people of the Amazon.
One thing that really resonated with me was how serving in the Amazon opened Kelly’s eyes to the needs surrounding her at home, and how she felt compelled to meet the needs in her own neighborhood. I think this is where I need to change my thinking. I don’t have to go on an overseas mission trip to be a missionary. There are people I see regularly who need medical care, food, clothes, and a big dose of the love of Jesus. I mustn’t neglect meeting the needs God has placed right in front of me because I’m longing to go to a foreign country.
I enjoyed the beauty of the story Kelly shared about her journeys to the Amazon and the relationships she developed with the people there and with those who traveled with her on the brief trips. But what I really took away from the book is the idea that we’re on a mission field no matter where we are. I am praying for God to open my eyes and heart to the needs He wants me to meet, whether I’m in my own neighborhood, across the state, or around the world.
Want your own copy of Wherever the River Runs?
If you would like to read Wherever the River Runs, enter this giveaway! Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing the giveaway copy!
- The giveaway is open to US residents ages 18 and older.
- The giveaway ends on Wednesday, August 20, 2014, at 9:00 pm CDT.
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering the question below.
- Only one comment (entry) per household.
- If you have won a copy of Wherever the River Runs on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again.
- Duplicate or “extra” comments or comments left after the giveaway ends will be deleted.
- The winner will be chosen at random using the plug-in “And the Winner Is.”
- The winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway and will have 24 hours to respond with the requested information. If the information isn’t received within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen. The information will be sent to Propeller Consulting, LLC so your book can be shipped.
Ready to enter? Leave a comment answering the following question:
What do you hope to gain from reading Wherever the River Runs?
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.