I’m stressed. Seriously stressed. In an effort to lighten the mood, I decided to write a
random well-thought-out post about something that popped into my head while I was drying my hair this morning. So, for the first time ever, I am joining oh Amanda for Top Ten Tuesday.
I got a haircut last week. My BFF of (mumble, mumble) years cuts my hair, and she would love to put some color on it. I, however, am not in love with that idea. Here’s why:
1. It doesn’t look bad! Yes, there’s more gray than I want to admit, but it looks fine to me.
2. It takes time to maintain color. You have to keep going back to get your roots done. Do I have time for that in this season of my life? It doesn’t feel like it.
3. It takes money to maintain color. You have to keep going back to get your roots done. Do I have money for that in this season of my life? Um, no. (Although my BFF really takes good care of us in the hair department. Thanks! I love you!)
Yes, numbers 2 and 3 sounded almost exactly alike. On purpose.
4. I like it when my Princess asks me why I don’t “paint” my hair. I also love it that we have that conversation pretty much every day.
5. In a related reason, I love my girls’ references to my “old” hair—and questions like “If Daddy’s older than you are, why is your hair older than his?” (The answer to that one is always “I got his gray hairs and mine too.”)
6. I get to use the purple shampoo twice a week. Purple is my favorite color.
7. I love to refer to my “shimmering” highlights.
8. BookGirl wants her hair to look like mine when she grows up. She thinks it’s pretty.
9. Silver hair runs in my family. I’m in great company, as shown by this picture of a four-generation lunch with my girls, my mom, and my grandmother.
10. “Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.” Proverbs 16:31 (NIV1984) I don’t want to mess with my crown! It’s a sign of the work of Christ in my life—His righteousness!
What are you laughing about today?